Feel great inside and out
What is self-care?
Self-care is defined as a meaningful gift of self-love and appreciation, an activity we do to step back and rejuvenate ourselves mentally, physically, and emotionally.
Self-care is important to maintain a healthy relationship with yourself. It means doing things to take care of our minds, bodies, and souls by engaging in activities that promote well-being and reduce stress. Self-care should be something more than just an action. Rather think of it like a philosophy you do every day like sleeping, eating, and breathing, self-care should be a priority and not something we push to the bottom of our to-do list.
“Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes, including you”
- Anne Lamott
"Why should I care about self-care?"
Investment in self-care is an investment in your physical and mental health. To clarify, self-care is not synonymous with self-indulgence or being selfish. It's a way to take care of your body and make yourself a priority - to maintain a healthy relationship with yourself. So that you can do your job, feel well, help and care for other people, and do all of the things you need to do during the day. Engaging in a self-care routine has also been proven to reduce stress, eliminate anxiety and depression, improve concentration, and increase happiness.
BIGELIUS’ suggestions on self-care
We believe good energy is the key to almost everything. Hence, we want to enable you to fuel yourself with energy by engaging in and practicing self-care. It may sound fluffy, but we promise you it will be worth the effort! Below is a list of self-care activities for you to choose from. Do not see it as a to-do list, see it rather as a “buffet or smorgasbord in Swedish” of activities you can do to treat yourself. Our dream is to be an enabler for a better version of yourself not only by offering really good skincare products but also by offering practices so that you can fuel and boost yourself.
1. Keep a gratitude journal - giving thanks is always a good idea, preferably at night before going to bed. Read more
2. Try daily affirmations - affirmations are phrases or words that remind you of who you are, why you have value, or what you care about most. Read more
3. Meditate for 5-10 minutes a day. Read more
4. Learn how to breathe - calm down your breath and breathe with your stomach instead of your chest. Read more
5. Find a skincare routine you do every morning and night to boost your skin and prepare yourself for a good night's sleep. Read more
6. Spend time in nature - spending time in nature has been found to help with mental health problems such as anxiety and depression. Read more
7. Moving your body - daily stretches, yoga, or whatever you feel like. Moving our body releases endorphins and helps relieve stress. It allows us to take a break from everyday challenges and responsibilities. Read more
8. Boost your body with nutritious food and remember to drink water to stay hydrated. Read more
9. Make sure you get enough quality sleep. Read more.
"Self-care is not an expense, it’s an investment"